Register for a no ad experience.
View page demo top advertising
Cat
8 months ago

Quite the wholesome lie

Or you know lie by omission
Here are some more wholesome lies by omission that you can tell your kids you facebook loving grandmas

The "Invisible Veggie" Ruse:
Parent: "Of course, there are no vegetables in your mac and cheese. It's pure cheesy goodness!"
omitting the fact that there's a secret stash of finely chopped veggies hidden in the sauce

The "Magical Money Tree" Mirage:
Parent: "Money doesn't grow on trees, but I have a secret trick to get more!"
omitting the fact that the "trick" involves going to work and earning a paycheck

The "Bedtime Story" Bluff:
Parent: "There are definitely no monsters under your bed. You're safe and sound!"
omitting the fact that monsters might live in the closet instead

The "Supermarket Swap" Scheme:
Parent: "I bought exactly what you wanted from the store."
omitting the fact that they bought a generic version or a different flavor because it was on sale

The "Pet Purchase" Pretense:
Parent: "We'll talk about getting a pet soon, I promise."
omitting the fact that the "pet" they're referring to is a houseplant or a pet rock

disclaimer

disclaimer

Share: